Do I have any readers who are Star Wars fans? Okay… my entire family loves Star Wars (enormous understatement)! My husband is the ultimate Star Wars junkie and owns a very large vintage collection of the original Star Wars toys from the 1970’s. You know the ones I am talking about! The awesome 12″ figures that makes most warsies drool! In fact, while I was in Disney World last week I was able to pick him up a 13 1/2″ Boba Fett action figure that plays more than 15 phrases and has all the bells and whistles of lights plus sound effects. I thought it would be very cool to add it to his growing collection. Hubby loved it and it took some of the sting out of not being able to go to Disney with me!
We have tons of favorite memories from the beloved franchise! Star Wars was the first movie I watched with my husband while we were dating. I new back then he was my soul mate…Star Wars nerds all the way! 23 years later we still enjoy watching the Star Wars saga together and are super excited about the new upcoming films coming out!
What are your favorite Star Wars memories?
Of course with Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens coming this year, there is lots of whopping Star Wars stuff being released. So, I hope to bring you the exciting news as I get it! Today, for the first time ever, all six films of the epic Star Wars Saga, from The Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi, will be available on Digital HD! Check it out!
[field name= iframe]
As anticipation builds for the December release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the first new film in the Star Wars Saga in a decade, The Walt Disney Studios, Lucasfilm Ltd., and 20th Century Fox today announced the upcoming release of The Star Wars Digital Movie Collection. For the first time ever, all six epic films in the Saga, from The Phantom Menace to Return of the Jedi, will be available on Digital HD throughout the galaxy – or at least here on Earth – globally beginning Friday, April 10.
“Since the debut of the first film nearly 40 years ago, Star Wars has become a worldwide phenomenon with legions of fans from every generation,” said Alan Bergman, President, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s only fitting that audiences enjoy this legendary Saga and its many fascinating behind-the-scenes stories on a wide variety of platforms, and we’re very excited to finally bring all six films to Digital HD for the first time.”
“We’re thrilled that fans will be able to enjoy the Star Wars Saga on their digital devices wherever they go,” commented Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. “These films broke new ground in technology, design, sound, and visual effects, and we’ve created some very special bonus material which delves into the Saga’s rich history, including new and never-before-released conversations between legendary Star Wars artists – the masters who helped George bring his iconic universe to life.”
With Star Wars: Episodes I-VI available for purchase as a complete digital movie collection and individually, viewers will have the Rebel forces at their beck and call across their favorite devices anywhere – sunbathing at the beach, relaxing in their living room with friends, or waiting to board a flight to Endor (or elsewhere).
Enhancing the movie collection are a host of never-before-seen special features including Star Wars: Discoveries from Inside and insightful Conversations between key contributors from across this celebrated film franchise, plus a curated collection of classic Star Wars extras from each film. These are the droids you’re looking for:
*Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer
STAR WARS EPISODE I: The Phantom Menace
· Conversations: Doug Chiang Looks Back
· Discoveries From Inside: Models & Miniatures
· Legacy content includes “The Beginning”; The Podrace: Theatrical Edit; plus eight deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE II: Attack of the Clones
· Conversations: Sounds In Space
· Discoveries From Inside: Costumes Revealed
· Legacy content includes “From Puppets To Pixels: Digital Characters In Episode II”; State Of The Art: The Previsualization Of Episode II; and “Films Are Not Released, They Escape”; plus Episode II Visual Effects Breakdown Montage and six deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE III: Revenge of the Sith
· Conversations: The Star Wars That Almost Was
· Discoveries From Inside: Hologram & Bloopers
· Legacy content includes documentaries “Within A Minute: The Making Of Episode III”; The Journey Part 1; and The Journey Part 2; plus six deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE IV: A New Hope (20th Century Fox)
· Conversations: Creating A Universe
· Discoveries From Inside: Weapons & The First Lightsaber
· Legacy content includes “Anatomy Of A Dewback”; Star Wars Launch Trailer; plus eight deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back
· Conversations: The Lost Interviews
· Discoveries From Inside: Matte Paintings Unveiled
· Legacy content includes “A Conversation With The Masters” (2010); “Dennis Muren: How Walkers Walk”; “George Lucas On Editing The Empire Strikes Back 1979”; and “George Lucas On The Force: 2010”; plus six deleted scenes.
STAR WARS EPISODE VI: Return of the Jedi
· Conversations: The Effects
· Discoveries From Inside: The Sounds Of Ben Burtt
· Legacy content includes “Classic Creatures: Return Of The Jedi”; “Revenge Of The Jedi Teaser Trailer”; Return Of The Jedi Launch Trailer; “It Began TV Spot”; “Climactic Chapter TV Spot”; plus five deleted scenes.
[field name= iframe1]
About The Walt Disney Studios
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world.
Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Disney|Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures, the banner under which live-action films from DreamWorks Studios are distributed. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.