With video games being among this year’s hottest toys, I wanted to mention some exciting new addicting games you should be aware of during your shopping travels that were recently released or set to for the holidays. These games were featured during the November 7th 2013 Activision Family Game Summit and are sure to be a huge hit under the tree this Christmas.
Fortunately, I was able to get a firsthand look at SOME of the addicting games below being that Activision sent me an awesome swag bag containing a few of the titles. My family members are enormous gamers, so we appreciated the gaming goodies and wanted to share some of the enjoyment by letting you know how incredibly fun the games are to play!
Here are the new games.
New Addicting Games
Angry Birds Star Wars
Release Date: 10/29/2013
Game Description: Join an epic adventure with the Angry Birds in the legendary Star Wars™ universe! Can you become a Jedi Master and restore freedom to the galaxy?
- NEW MULTIPLAYER MODES
- EXCLUSIVE NEW LEVELS
- 25 HOURS OF ENGAGING GAMEPLAY
- UNLOCK HIDDEN ITEMS
Available on: Nintendo 3DS™, Wii™, Wii U™, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3™, PS4™, PS Vita™
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Release Date: 10/22/2013
Game Description: Nickelodeon’s hottest show for boys is coming to video games! Shredder and the Kraang intend to unleash a devastating mutagen bomb that will transform the citizens of New York City into mindless mutants! Join Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo in the fight for NYC in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the video game!
- Play as your favorite Turtle Anytime! Booyakasha!
- Join the Turtle Power with 4-player co-op multiplayer.
- Battle through 15 action-packed levels!
- Eat pizza to increase your Turtle’s health!
Available on: Nintendo 3DS™, Wii™, Xbox 360
Transformers Ultimate Battle Edition
Release Date: Holiday 2013
Game Description: For only $29.99 (SRP), you’ll receive TWO epic Transformers games including TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON and TRANSFORMERS: CYBERTRON ADVENTURES.
- TRANSFORMERS: CYBERTRON ADVENTURES: Experience the legendary battle between the Autobots and Decepticons before their exodus to Earth in the untold story of the civil war for their home planet, Cybertron.
- TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON: Take the battlefield as one of four iconic Autobots with unique weapon loadouts to arm you on your quest in the prequel to the blockbuster film TRANFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON.
Available on: Wii™
Moshi Monsters Katsuma Unleashed
Release Date: 11/05/2013
Game Description: Join Katsuma on a voyage through 6 new worlds packed with mini arcade challenges and major boss battles. Rescue other Moshi Monsters from evil robot Moshlings using super Moshi powers- fur will certainly fly!
- Defeat robot moshlings!
- Epic boss battles!
- Super Moshi powers.
- Monsterific mini games.
Available on: Nintendo 3DS™, Nintendo DS™
Transformers Ultimate Autobots Edition
Release Date: Holiday 2013
Game Description: For only $24.99 (SRP), you’ll receive TWO epic Transformers games including: TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN and TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON.
- TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN – Based on the blockbuster film, TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN thrusts players into a battle for supremacy across the globe in the Autobot cause as they drive, fly, fight and blast their way through intense, pressure-packed levels
- TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON – Take the battlefield as one of four iconic Autobots with unique weapon loadouts to arm you on your quest in the prequel to the blockbuster film TRANFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON.
Available on: Nintendo DS™
SpongeBob SquarePants Plankton’s Robotic Revenge
Release Date: 10/22/2013
Game Description: Plankton and his new legion of evil robots have destroyed the Krusty Krab and stolen the safe that houses the famous Krabby Patty formula! It’s up to you and your friends to locate the hidden keys for the safe before the secret is lost forever!
- Play as 5 of your favorite characters-SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward and Mr. Krabbs. Switch between them as often as you’d like!
- Jump in and out of gameplay at any time with 3 of your friends. If at least one player continues, so does the game! * Travel across lands from the show: Bikini Bottom, Rock Bottom and Dutchman’s Triangle.
- Embark on side quests to level-up your “Gizmo” artillery!
Available on: Nintendo 3DS™, Nintendo DS™, Wii™, Wii U™, Xbox 360, PS3™
Wipeout Create & Crash
Release Date: 10/15/2013
Game Description: Create your own wipeouts with the new course creator!
- Create your own levels, and share them with your friendsand family!
- Crash the courses as either fan-favorite or all-new character including 80’s Pop Star and Zombie guy!
- Compete in over-the-top new courses like Prehistoric Times and Precarious Pirate Caper with all new themed obstacles!
- Challenge your friends to reign supreme in side-by-side or team multiplayer!
Available on: Nintendo 3DS™, Wii™, Wii U™, Xbox 360
Skylanders SWAP Force
Release Date: 10/13/2013
Game Description: Skylanders® is “mixing it up” with the newest game in the award-winning, top-selling franchise. Skylanders SWAP Force™ builds upon the success of the franchise’s signature gameplay and collectible toy experience, adding an all-new dimension to the “toys to life” concept.
- Gameplay Variety
- All-New Characters
- Assortment of Gameplay Modes
Available on: Nintendo 3DS™, Wii™, Wii U™, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3™, PS4™
Our favorite out of them all is the Skylanders SWAP Force. If you haven’t seen the Skylanders series of games…. there is only one world I can think of to describe them—-AMAZING! The addicting games combine the mixture of action adventure video playing with collectable toys. How it works is you place a Skylander figurine on the game’s Portal of Power accessory, which detects the toy and swaps the character into the game within seconds. The player is able to mix and match the characters and unlock new content for an ultimate gaming experience. Honestly, it is too cool for words to describe it. You have to see it for yourself to get the full concept and appreciate the experience!
Playing video games together is a great way for the family to bond. I know many people may look at addicting games as time suckers robbing the minds of the youth, but I could not disagree more. I see them as a way for families to spend time together, have friendly inside competition, and relax. Additionally, I used the power of video games to help get my son interested in learning and the thrills of reading, so they are good educational tools if used correctly as well. Of course too much of anything is never a good thing and there has to be a healthy balance!
What do you think about video games? Will these addicting games make an appearance in your home this holiday season?