With the hard economy I personally know that it isn’t easy to find extra money to donate to my favorite foundation. However, buying products I normally would anyways such as cereals and snacks with the pink ribbon makes donating a breeze! Starting September 19th, Sam’s Club stores will feature exclusive pink packaging on some of your favorite participating General Mills products in recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Each simple everyday purchase you make with the special packaging will support breast cancer education and research! How cool is that!
- For 5 years, General Mills has partnered with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Foundation to bring breast cancer support to local communities, and this year they are making their annual donation of $2 million to the foundation to advance breast cancer research and support education and community outreach projects.
- Purchase specially-marked General Mills products like Cheerios and Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies at your local Sam’s Club and help decide how half of that contribution will be donated by voting at PinkTogether.com from now until April 14, 2012.
- General Mills’ donations will be divided between two important Komen programs: the Treatment and Assistance Program, which assists women in securing care they otherwise may not be able to afford, and Prevention Research, which helps unlock the keys to preventing breast cancer. Voting results will be announced on Mother’s Day 2012.
Let your voice be heard and fight against this deadly disease. Breast cancer has personally affected my life this month with my sister being diagnosed with stage 3 cancer. It’s scary and there needs to be more research on how to prevent the disease and a SAFE vaccine developed so our daughters will never have to hear the words…”you have breast cancer.” However, none of this can happen without the help of companies and people taking a stand and supporting breast cancer awareness. Did you know estimated 1 million Americans are living with undiagnosed breast cancer? Look around you. It could be you, your mother, sister, aunt, or best friend! It’s not something you want to think about, but its true. Lets work together to try and put an end to breast cancer!
- Sam’s Club website http://bit.ly/samsclubweb
- Sam’s Club on Facebook http://on.fb.me/SCFBook
- Sam’s Club on Twitter http://bit.ly/SCTwitter
- Pink Together on Facebook http://bit.ly/samsclubpink
In honor of the Sam’s Club Pink Promotion one of my readers will win a $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card!
[field name= iframe]
“Disclosure: The information and gift card(s) have been provided by Sam’s Club and General Mills through MyBlogSpark.”