Are you getting enough fiber in your diet? I know I’m not getting as much as I should be. I need to be eating more plant foods and increase my daily fiber intake.
Why is high fiber diet so important? A diet high in fiber has many health benefits, which include lowering blood cholesterol, controlling blood sugar levels, helps aid in weight loss, prevents constipation and lowers your risk of digestive conditions.
An easier and tastier way of getting more fiber is by eating Progresso’s new High Fiber soups. The High Fiber line offers four delicious varieties that have 28% of the recommended Daily Value of fiber (7 grams) per serving and have no added MSG, or artificial flavors. The new varieties include
Creamy Tomato Basil*
Hearty Vegetable Noodle*
MyBlogSpark sent me a Progresso Chicken Tuscany soup sample to try . The soup contained chunks of chicken and bits of carrots, celery, zucchini, onions, beans, and spinach. The aroma was incredible and each bite tasted delicious. It’s hard to believe the soup came out of a can and it had a nice homemade appeal to it. I’m looking forward to trying the other Progresso High Fiber soups!
Along with the soup I was also sent two really nice blue Progresso branded soup mugs and branded spoons which made eating the soup even more fun!
“Over 100 years ago, the business now known as Progresso Foods started. A young Sicilian, Vincent Taormina, first imported foods from Italy to meet the need for high-quality ingredients familiar to Italian-Americans. As more family members became involved and importing grew both in volume and locations, the business merged in 1927 to become the Progresso Italian Food Corporation and the Progresso label was born. It is now part of General Mills and continues to adhere to the original premise of providing high quality food ingredients at a reasonable price for the discerning home cook.”
(FTC disclosure : In adherence to the recent FTC changes pertaining to blogger product reviews and sponsored postings it is necessary to add when ever I receive any compensation in return for posting about a company or product. I received the free product, information, and prize pack through MyBlogSpark Team. No further compensation was received. Even though free products were received, the opinions were of my own. )
* Pictures borrowed from Progressosoup.com and MyBlogSpark
The MyBlogSpark team has set aside a Progresso prize pack (see photo above) to give to one of my readers. To enter the giveaway please leave me a comment telling me how you try to incorporate more fiber into your diet.
1.Mention the giveaway on your own blog linking back to this post and MyBlogSpark. Leave an additional comment with a link to where you blogged about the giveaway. This is worth 10 extra entries. Make sure you leave ten separate comments. (example blogged extra entry #1, blogged extra entry #2, blogged extra entry #3, ect…)
2.Place my button on your blog and then leave an additional comment with a link to the page where you put the button. If you already have my button leave a comment letting me know you already have it.
3. Follow my blog and leave me an additional comment. ( There is a little widget on my sidebar that shows my followers. Just click follow). If you already follow leave me a comment letting me know you already do.
4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Please make sure you leave the link where you tweeted in your comment. TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING I AM ALLOWING 1 TWEETS PER PERSON DAILY. USE THE RETWEET BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR EASY ENTRY.
5. Subscribe to my feed and leave a comment. If you already subscribe leave a comment telling me you are already a subscriber.
6. Facebook, Digg, or Technorati this post and leave me TWO extra comments. ( At the bottom of this post you should see a bookmark button to make this an easy option.)
7. Enter any of my other giveaways. Leave me a comment telling me which giveaway you entered. The giveaway must be still active in order to gain an extra entry.