1. Set a limit on how many text messages she can make during a given week. My daughter knows she is allocated 10 text messages per week and anything above and beyond will result in loss of text messaging for the following week.
2. Limit talk time to a certain hour. I have limited her talk time to one hour per night. This is after 7pm so she is using anytime minutes and is before 9pm on school nights.
3. There is no text messaging or talking until all homework has been completed.
4. No ringtone downloads. She is not allowed to download ANY ringtones. They can become a costly habit.
5. No browsing the Internet. If I find out otherwise her cell phone usage is band until further notice.
I know some of these rules seem severely strict but are necessary for her own protection and my pocket book!
There are kid friendly cell phones for purchase such as Kajeet. Kajeet offers flexible and affordable rates while giving parents full control of cell phone usage. You are able to set up an allowance and Kajeet offers a full suite of online parental controls. The phone even includes a GPS locator to be able to locate your kid’s phone anytime! If you are interested in finding out more about Kajeet please click here. GO KAJEET.