Planning a personal routine gives you full control over your health. You can decide exactly what goes into your body and how much exercise you do to burn it off. Cutting out any processed foods and added sugars means that everything that you put into your body is all natural. Well, at least everything that you know you’re putting into your body is all natural. There are other things that you may be ingesting without even realizing it, a lot of them might be things that are around the house. By keeping on top of these hazards, you truly can be in control of your own body.
Carpets are great for soaking everything up, including stains. When they do soak up stains, the likelihood is that you’ll clean them with some sort of chemicals. While they are designed to be safe for you, they will stay in there for a while and you will be breathing in small amounts of them over time. Try using some more natural cleaners instead, for example, baking soda or vinegar; alternatively you could use a steam cleaner on the carpet as it only needs water to work. You can also use natural replacements for the rest of your household cleaning products.
The main danger with carpets is the chemicals that are used in carpet coverings that are removed before fitting. It has been known to cause headaches and throat problems in some people. The best way to combat this is to air the carpet out before you put it in, that way none of the bad stuff will be in the house.
Most of us have heard about the dangers of asbestos, but aren’t always vigilant enough. Asbestos is found in more places that you think and so there is a chance that you might have some in your house. Shortness of breath, chest pains, loss of appetite and finger growth are all signs that you might be exposed so be vigilant.
Black Mold, in particular, is very bad for your health. It can cause serious respiratory problems which, if left untreated can lead to death. Mold can spread incredibly quickly and will pollute the air, so you need to sort it as soon as you notice even the tiniest amount. In some cases, it may be down to bad ventilation so cleaning it off and getting a dehumidifier might be enough. In worse cases, it is caused by damp in the walls, you’ll have to pay a professional to sort it for you but it’s worth it to maintain your health.
Carbon Monoxide is often called the silent killer. It gets its name because it is completely odourless so people often don’t realize that they have a leak until it’s too late. One of the main symptoms is fatigue so if you are suddenly feeling lethargic a lot of the time, make sure to check. Every house should have a Carbon Monoxide detector in it anyway, so if you haven’t got one, buy one immediately. It’s the only way to be sure that you are safe in your own home.