Are you a mom and have an innovative and cool product idea that can help solve an important parenting issue, but don’t have the funds to get it off the ground? Well I might have the solution for you! Huggies and parent Kimberly-Clark have set up a grant program called MomInspired for entrepreneurial women just like you who have an unique invention and need some seed capital (up to $15,000) to turn your idea into reality. The product idea should be geared to solve important parental issues geared towards ages pre-natal to six years old. Sound good? I think it does! The great part is the idea can be at any stage of development, but just has to be your own.
I don’t know how many times in the wee hours I have had to get up to change a diaper and have thought of a better method of getting the job done! To bad I never put the ideas to paper and end up forgetting the details the next morning! Don’t be like me! Get your idea down and submit it! All the information you need to apply for the grant can be found at www.huggiesmominspired.com. Be aware the application may take you about one hour to complete, so make sure you can dedicate some time to filling it out.
Grant applications will be judged by a panel of independent and Kimberly-Clark employee judges based on the following criteria:
* Originality and creativity (counts toward 50% of the judging process)
* Relevancy to the grant theme – solves an important parenting issue (counts toward 25% of the judging process)
* Potential commercial viability (counts toward 15% of the judging process)
* Stage of idea/business development (counts toward 10% of the judging process)
* Whether the applicant adheres to the Eligibility Rules stated above
Huggies® MomInspired™ will be awarding 12 grants in the amount of $15,000 by Fall 2011. In the event that there are not enough eligible applications adhering to these guidelines, not all grants will be awarded.