Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links
Did your haircut go slightly wrong? Perhaps you only wanted a few layers to frame your face, but ended up with an ugly mullet that would put Billy Ray Cyrus to shame? Don’t run out and get the wig just yet! Thanks to a few tips from our friends at Madison Reed this hair emergency can be solved!
The Hair Emergency: Your hair has more layers than a wedding cake.
How You May Have Gotten Here: You told your stylist that you wanted to add a few face framing pieces and you ended up with the Jennifer Aniston “Rachel” haircut circa 1994.
- Ponytail it. Slip into an effortless messy bun. Twirl it into an elegant French twist.
- Pull back the hair that surrounds your face with a head band.
- This is the perfect time to play around with styles until you find something you like.
- Curl it.
- Curls are very forgiving when your hair is at different lengths.
- Styling the hair with curls can mask the unevenness of the cut.
- Go to a different stylist and ask them to blend the layers together.
Tips for Prevention: When going to your stylist, have a clear plan in mind. Pictures are a great way to show what you want. Be perfectly clear about how you feel about loosing length and ask your stylist to show you exactly how much they plan on taking off.
If you are looking for a new color, too, try Madison Reed’s healthier for you color. Happy October! Take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed hair color – just use the offer code OCTOBERLOVE at checkout.
Happy October! Take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed hair color – just use the offer code OCTOBERLOVE at checkout.