Disclosure: Hamilton Beach provided me with product to facilitate this post. The words and opinions expressed in this review are strictly of my own.
Christmas is next week! Yeah! This is the week I spend the most time in the kitchen, so you won’t see me posting much again until after the holidays are over. Baking is on my schedule and I have Santa on my radar! With that being the case, I still wanted to let you know about the Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer and 6 Speed Hand Mixer with Pulse and Snap-On Case that are making my life in the kitchen tons easier. If you are on a budget and want to delight the baker in your life these items would be fantastic to wrap up and give! Plus, one lucky reader will actually receive both of them as a gift courtesy of Hamilton Beach!
Now normally my reviews are drawn out, a little dry (yes I am aware), and cover every aspect of a product. The Hamilton Beach products pretty much speak for themselves, since the company has been making mixers for over 100 years. I don’t feel I need to go overboard. Everyone is busy this time of year (including myself), thus I will just give the skinny details about how I think the products perform. I mean, let’s be truthful…no one really cares how a motor technically works when they have more pressing events on their mind. They are only interested in –if and how well– it works!
Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer (63390)
The Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer has the same mixing action as a Kitchen Aid ® stand mixer and has a powerful 300-watt motor with a budget friendly price tag compared to its competition. Mixing up dozens of cookies, bread dough, and cakes are all a breeze with the Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer. I’ve tested the product out on several different batters and believe it does a very good job mixing the ingredients. It features 7 different speeds for maximum flexibility, comes with three attachments (whisk, dough hook, and flat beater), and a stainless steel 4 quart bowl. Here are the pros and cons I experienced during my use of the mixer.
- Simple to work—you don’t need a schematic breakdown to use it.
- Stainless steel bowl is easy to remove—twist on and off
- Comes with three attachments on purchase-Nonstick Flat Beater, Whisk, and Nonstick Dough Hook
- Attachments are simple to change-twist on and off.
- Lightweight—the mixer is easy to pick up and move from place to place.
- Stays stationary when mixing –comes with 4 suction cup feet to keep the mixer still while in use.
- 300-watt motor works great on tough batters
- Blends and mixes with planetary mixing action-minimizes the need for side scraping.
- Mixer is built with a tilt head for better functionality of bowl access.
- Easy remove on and off Spatter Shield keeps the ingredients in the bowl.
- Has dishwasher safe parts.
- Looks great on the counter.
- Low profile dimensions makes it easy to fit under cabinets on counter.
- Is a FRACTION of the cost of a Kitchen Aid®.
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- Cord is extremely short! I understand the length was selected to reduce hazards, BUT it is way too short in my honest opinion. Unless you can place the mixer right in front of the outlet, you will need an approved extension cord to plug it in.
- The stainless steel bowl has no handle.
- Lots of plastic—wish the tilt head was made of steel for a sturdier product.
- Plastic push button gets stuck.
- The Flat Beater attachment appears to be too short? It doesn’t reach the bottom of the bowl to grab ALL the ingredients in some batters.
- Dimensions (inches): 13 H x 8.5 W x 13.1 D
- Number of Speeds: 7
- Capacity (volume):000
- Appliance Capabilities: Beats, Purees, Mixes, Creams, Blends
- Features: On/Off Switch, Removable Bowl, Adjustable Speed Control, Tilt Back Head, Beater Ejection Button
- Includes: Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl, Whisk, Flat Beaters, Dough Hooks, Instruction Manual
- Material: Stainless Steel, Plastic
- Finish: Glossy
- Metal Finish: Stainless Steel
- Safety and Security Features: Nonslip Base
- Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean, Dishwasher-safe Parts
6 Speed Hand Mixer with Pulse and Snap-On Case (62620)
Hands down—this is a FANTASTIC and very powerful hand mixer! LOTS of great features for the price ($34.99)! It comes with 6 attachments, including twisted wire beaters, milkshake mixer, dough hooks, and whisk. Whip up a single batch of cookies, cake mix, milkshake, or whip cream with an easy to use hand mixer sporting 290 watts of peak power! I have been using the hand mixer to make frosting for my Christmas cookies. It is an amazing little workhorse!
Another great feature is the hand mixer comes with a cool pulse function that helps minimize mess by keeping the contents in the bowl and off your clothes! Plus, the snap-on case makes it quick and easy to find the attachments you’re looking for. Great handy little appliance to have in your baking tool arsenal!
- Snap-on storage case with easy-access door
- Pulse function – pulses on the slowest speed for added control and less mess
- 290 watts peak power with burst button
- 6 attachments included – twisted wire beaters; milkshake mixer; dough hooks; and whisk
- Convenient eject trigger for attachments
Visit the Hamilton Beach website
Like the Hamilton Beach Facebook page
Follow Hamilton Beach on Twitter
Discover Hamilton Beach on Pinterest
Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer and Stand Mixer Giveaway!
Courtesy of Hamilton Beach, one lucky reader is going to receive the Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer and Stand Mixer products mentioned above!
To enter the giveaway, please follow the instructions provided on the Rafflecopter form. Any comments are welcomed below, but won’t count towards the giveaway. Only entries using the Rafflecopter form will be eligible for prize. Thank you!
Open To US Residents Only- age 18 + Ends January 5th, at 11:59 pm (eastern time)! Enter Daily!