Happy Force Friday! Star Wars fans everywhere are enjoying this truly momentum day with NEW merchandise inspired by the highly anticipated upcoming movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens! We are huge (understatement) Star Wars devotees, so I am truly happy to be able to celebrate this day with you by sharing some Star Wars goodies! If you missed it (how could you?) Force Friday launched with an 18+ hour global live unboxing event on YouTube where highlights of the new product were officially unveiled! The epic global live event was hosted by Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. It started in Sydney and exploded at Lucasfilm headquarters in San Francisco where fans were able to see the following toys unboxed by top digital stars from the Maker Studios network during the epic journey:
· Sydney: Star Wars BladeBuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber toy from Hasbro
· Tokyo: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Big Figs(31″ and 48″) from JAKKS Pacific
· Hong Kong: Hot Wheels® Star Wars character car assortment and Escape from Jakku™ Starship playset from Mattel
· Seoul: LEGO Star Wars Poe’s X-Wing Fighter™
· Paris: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Lightsaber, a Disney Store exclusive
· Madrid: Star Wars Micro Machines First Order Star Destroyer from Hasbro
· Berlin: LEGO Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle™
· London: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Elite Series die-cast figure assortment, a Disney Store exclusive
· Rio de Janeiro: Star Wars Black Series 6″ figure assortment from Hasbro
· ‘Good Morning America’ (New York): LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon™ and Star Wars BB-8 from Sphero
· Toronto: Star Wars Remote Controlled Millennium Falcon Quad and X-Wing Starfighter from Air Hogs, Spin Master
· Chicago: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Role Play for kids exclusive to Disney Store
· Mexico City: Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe NERF Blaster from Hasbro
· San Francisco: Star Wars Battle Action Millennium Falcon from Hasbro
· Los Angeles: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poe Dameron’s X-Wing Vehicle from Hasbro
If that was not exciting enough, the celebration continued as more than 3,000 retail locations in the U.S. opened their doors at midnight for fans to be among the first to discover new Star Wars products. Shoppers were awakened with Star Wars products across a wide variety of categories, including Star Wars branded apparel for all members of the family, home décor, lifestyle accessories, books and more. Amazon.com, Kohl’s, Target, Toys “R” Us and Walmart, as well as Disney Store and disneystore.com are just a few of the mass retailers offering the NEW Star Wars merchandise which can be found around the world at a variety of other specialty retailers.
Highlights from the merchandise line found in the U.S. include:
– A large collection of exclusive merchandise from Disney Store including role play items, talking action figures and figure play sets, along with themed apparel, tech accessories, mugs, journals and more
– J. Crew apparel for men, women and kids featuring the fan-favorite “Chewie, we’re home” scene of Chewbacca and Han Solo from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer
– A Star Wars collection of Rock & Republic® misses apparel and Mighty Fine juniors apparel offers female fans graphic tees, leggings, sweatshirts, hoodies and dresses available at Kohl’s
– The ultimate Millennium Falcon children’s bed from Pottery Barn Kids, looking like something seen from a galaxy far, far away
– A villainous take on home merchandise featuring new characters from the Dark Side, such as First Order Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren available at JCPenney
Of course to preserve the integrity of key movie moments, there is planned to be a second wave of products to be released closer to the film’s debut in December. During this time Star Wars enthusiasts will be able to find additional items featuring the newest characters, including Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, BB-8 and more! Other exciting products to come is a Play Set based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens for Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition. The product is the latest installment of the best-selling “toys-to-life” video game from Disney Interactive and is hitting shelves December 18th!
Lego Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles
In celebration of Force Friday we have these fun clips from Lego® Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles to share as it arrives on DVD September 15th! This action packed release comes loaded with four complete episodes, plus a bonus alternate ending.
Like STAR WARS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StarWars
Follow STAR WARS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/starwars
Follow STAR WARS on Instagram: https://instagram.com/starwars/
Follow STAR WARS on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars
Visit the official STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS website: http://www.starwars.com/the-force-awakens/
STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS arrives in theaters everywhere on December 18th!