I know you are probably preoccupied putting the finishing touches on your upcoming holiday celebrations, but I thought I would share with you this yummy promotion launched by Challenge Butter!
Challenge Butter, the largest selling brand in the West, has teamed up with three celebrity chefs to bring you the Recipe for Caring” $5,000 Cash and Prizes Holiday Sweepstakes where you can vote, win cash and prizes, and help a good cause at the same time. Prizes include One (1) Grand Prize: $2,500 CASH and Ten (10) First Prizes: $250 Prize Package from Good Cook ($5,000 in total CASH & Prizes).
The Celebrity Chefs include Gale Gand, Jon Ashton, and Avery Pursell. Each chef created an exclusive holiday recipe for Challenge Butter and chosen a charity dear to their hearts to donate to! The winning chef receives $5000 to give to their favorite charity and each runner-up will receive a $2,500 donation to their charity! Click here to view the three recipes and enter for the chance to win: http://www.facebook.com/ChallengeButter/app_373883712696126
Limit of one (1) entry per person per day, during the Promotion Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. The Promotion begins on November 6, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on January 15, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Grand Prize Drawing will be held on or about January 22, 2013. One (1) potential Grand Prize winner and ten (10) potential First Prize winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. No purchase necessary to win.
My Favorite Recipe – Coconut Pecan Butter Crunch Cookies
Gale Gand, founding executive pastry chef and partner of the Five Diamond, whipped up a batch of delicious Coconut Pecan Butter Crunch Cookies for the campaign. The cookie dough is perfect for making well in advance before a gathering! All you need to do is roll the cookie dough into balls and freeze them. When you want to treat your hungry guests, just place the 1 ¼ inch balls on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake them for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees. I don’t know about you, but in my opinion nothing makes a house feel homier on the holidays than the smell of fresh baked cookies! Here is the mouthwatering recipe!
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted Challenge Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cornflakes
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter then add the sugar and vanilla and continue creaming till well combined. In a separate bowl stir together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt then add to the mixer and mix on low. Then add the cornflakes, pecans and coconut and gently mix to combine. Roll into 1 ¼ inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheets spacing them 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
I voted for Gale’s scrumptious cookie recipe to help her win $5,000 to donate to her selected charity, the West Deerfield Food Bank . However, you might like the Savory Olive and Parmesan Scones recipe submitted by Chef Ashton for the campaign or the Apple Pie with Hot Buttered Rum Sauce by Avery Pursell the most, so please check the recipes out and vote for your favorite!
Stay connected with Challenge Butter and Good Cook using these social media sites.
- For more delicious recipes please visit the Challenge Butter Website: http://challengedairy.com/recipes
- “Recipe for Caring” Celebrity Holiday Chef Challenge Promotion via Challenge Butter Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ChallengeButter/app_373883712696126
- Good Cook Website: www.goodcook.com
- Good Cook Facebook: www.facebook.com/goodcook
Challenge Butter Good Cook Giveaway ($75 Value)!
Challenge Butter would like to give one luck reader 5 Free Product Coupons for any Challenge Butter product you choose, and a 5 piece Bakeware Set from our friends at Good Cook. The total gift value is approximately $75. To enter the giveaway, please follow the instructions provided on the Rafflecopter form. Any comments are welcomed below, but won’t count towards the giveaway. Only entries using the Rafflecopter form will be eligible for prize. Thank you!