Just in time for Halloween, UNREAL introduces five candies that taste great ,but do it without all the junk you ordinarily find in candy ingredients. UNREAL candies can proudly claim:
- No corn syrup
- No hydrogenated oil
- No artificial flavors
- No GMO’s
- No synthetic colors
- Responsibly sourced ingredients, including:
- Traceable cacao beans from Ghana and Ecuador
- 100% sustainable and organic Palm Kernel Oil sourced from Brazil
- Dairy from free-range cows pasture raised without antibiotics or added hormones
- All natural origin colors, coming from plants like beets, red cabbage, etc.
- 30% less sugar, 60% more protein and 250% more fiber per serving on average compared to the leading competing brands
The new five products include:
- Candy Coated Chocolate with Peanuts (42 grams)
- 200 calories, 16 grams of sugar, 11 grams of total fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 20 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber and 6 grams of protein per serving
- Candy Coated Chocolates (42 grams)
- 190 calories, 19 grams of sugar, 10 grams of total fat, 6 grams saturated fat, 24 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein per serving
- Chocolate Caramel Nougat Bar (45 grams)
- 170 calories, 19 grams of sugar, 7 grams of total fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 28 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein per serving
- Chocolate Caramel Peanuts Nougat Bar (49 grams)
- 200 calories, 17 grams of sugar, 12 grams of total fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 25 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein per serving
- Peanut Butter Cups (36 grams)
- 190 calories, 11 grams of sugar, 12 grams of total fat, 6grams saturated fat, 18 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein per serving
I have tried the candy and it is absolutely delicious! Why wouldn’t it be, since UNREAL only uses the best ingredients! The dairy in the candy comes from pasture raised cows in New Zealand and California without any of those nasty antibiotics or added hormones normally found in products with milk these days. Additionally, the bright colors are made from healthy natural resources such as beets, purple cabbage, and turmeric root, rather than Red 40 and Yellow 5, which have been linked to hyperactivity and behavior problems in children!
With the obesity epidemic on the rise, the thought of promoting a candy company might be troubling. However, their mission to unjunk the junk food aisle is something I am happy to support! The company offers products tasting similar to your favorite brands like, M & Ms, Milky Way, Snickers and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, but the items are actually lower in calories, higher in fiber and protein. The kids will love the great taste of the real cane sugar, chocolaty goodness of cacao, and the lip smacking gooey caramel without all the synthetic dyes, preservatives, and for fewer calories. I think the thing to remember is the occasional treat never hurt anybody. It is the overindulging that leads to problems.
My favorite out of the five products was the UNREAL 54 Candy Coated Chocolate with Peanuts. The candy tasted very fresh and the peanuts were crisp and yummy! I will be definitely looking to purchase the candy coated chocolates with peanuts delight on my next visit to BJ’s!
Oh, I almost forgot to mention the great news! UNREAL candies can be purchased for the same suggested retail price as typical candy bars! Even though the products are made without all the garbage found in other candy, you can happily unjunk your trick-or-treat Halloween basket for the same price you normally would pay —ranging from $.89 to $1.29 for individual bars and $4.99 for the family sized bags.
UNREAL products are now available in 18,000 stores nationwide, including CVS, Staples, Walgreens, BJ’s Wholesale Club, and Kroger, and will be available in more than 30,000 retailers by mid Fall.