The majority of you happen to be aware on how I feel when it comes to GMOs. I LOATHE them. Why? Mainly because I believe that in time proper scientific research may ultimately determine there is a direct link between GMOs and serious diseases. Everyone is so focused on vaccines (whole other topic) triggering childhood health conditions, when they should be taking a good critical look at what we are feeding our children as well. But how can we make an informed decision when the food isn’t labeled? We have got a right to know what we are putting into our bodies and into the bodies of our children. Hey, that age old saying “You are what you eat” rings true!
Working together to get Prop 37 passed and Genetically Engineered foods properly labeled and off our dinner plates is the first step. Once this happens independent testing on human safety of consuming GMOs in the United States will be able to take place. Even if you don’t live in California it is in your best interest to support this law. Why? California is a trend setter when it comes to the law and what ever happens there usually trickles to other states. If Prop. 37 passes, all companies creating packaged products will have to change their labeling!
It is your hard earned dollars, your body, and you should be able to know what you are buying and consuming. My question to you is this…why take the risk of being forced to eat Genetically Engineered foods when there is an abundance of REAL FOOD within the marketplace? Shouldn’t YOU be able to choose?
Want to learn more about GMOs and how you can help get them labeled? Join the “One Million More” to Label GMOs Twitter Party to discuss issues surrounding GMOS, how the may be affecting your health, and what you can do to support the CA Right to Know Initiative! Let’s get the Frankenfood OFF our family tables!
Join us for a Twitter Chat about GMOs in our diet
Who: @CARighttoKnow & @LabelGMOs
When: Friday, August 10th
Time: 10-11pm EST/7-8pm PST
Hashtags: #Yeson37 #LabelGMOs
1. @Bookieboo–Hostess with the Mostess
2. @CARighttoKnow–Guest of honor
3. @CARighttoKnowPR–Guest of honor
4. @Food_Democracy–Dave Murphy, Panelist
5. @Unhealthytruth–Robyn O’Brien, Panelist
8. @Jacksht–Comic relief
14. @Beanitos–Doug Forman, sponsor
1. Nature’s Path VIP basket full of all the yummy Nature’s Path product (1 winner)
2. California Right To Know gift basket full of CARightToKnow swag (2 winners)
3. Endorsement VIP basket– product from Beanitos, Unreal Candy, Hawaiian Ola, Millions Against Monsanto bumper stickers, ( 5 winners)
4. Kalso Earth Shoes (1 winner)
5. Choose Ur Freedom T-Shirts (2 winners)
6. Hawaiian OLA VIP gift basket (1 winner)
7. Robyn O’Brien’s The Unhealthy Truth book (6 winners)
8. Organic Consumer T-shirts
For more information on GMOs, the “One Million More” to Label GMOs Twitter Party and how you can enter to win the prizes, please click here.