What is dinnertime like at your table? At my house it’s a stressful mess! I feel like at every meal I have to turn into James Bond and go on a secret covert mission to get my family to eat by employing some sly psychological tactics and skillful weaponry. No joking…it is that difficult! Here is why! My son has a green phobia and will not eat anything that even resembles a pea. Hubby thinks the deep fryer has fallen from heaven, everything tastes better crispy plus smothered in butter, and loves red meat. Kylie, my precious daughter is the average teen and is ALWAYS counting her calories, watching her weight, and checking in the mirror if her butt has grown overnight from my cooking. I don’t care to eat much red meat, enjoy fish and raw vegetables. So as you can see….we all have NOTHING in common when it comes to what we like to eat. This makes dinner a complete nightmare and I have to think of fresh ideas CONSTANTLY! The only thing my family can agree on is we love eating pasta!
Thank goodness for places like Ragu’s “Mom’s the Word on Dinner” , an online community where moms can share mealtime ideas on how to overcome dinner challenges, laugh or vent together, and get some clever advice on how to deal with picky eaters. It helps to connect with other moms that are going through the same situation and be able to talk about what really happens at the table.
The fabulous ladies of Momversation have helped make the “Mom’s the Word on Dinner” Facebook community a fun place to hangout by incorporating various videos, photos, polls and dinner ideas with quick and easy recipes. Beginning August 9th, you’ll be able to tune in to the latest video and join the discussion about the compromises we make when supper gets tough! One of several great tips you’ll learn is from parenting expert and author, Dr. Michele Borba, who says “Give a little leeway. You can use compromise as a tactic to your favor, e.g.: ‘Do you want to eat your spaghetti or salad first?’ ‘Do you want your vegetables cooked or raw?’ Just offer choices that you feel comfortable with.”
Check out the newest video below “When Dinner Gets Tough”, and learn what to do when there is just chaos at the dinner table! Plus, join Ragú tonight (8/8) at 8PM ET on their Facebook page as Audrey McClelland tackles this common difficult topic and hosts a live-streamed chat, during which we can laugh and vent about the everyday chaos in the kitchen.
$20 Visa GC Giveaway
One lucky reader will win a $20 Visa Card to help get their dinner started! To enter the giveaway please leave me a comment sharing what your biggest dinner challenge is!
1. Read any of my other reviews and leave me a comment there. Then come back here letting me know you did. Make sure you leave ten separate comments (example: Left a comment at review extra entry 1, Left a comment at review extra entry 2, Left a comment at review extra entry 3, ect.). This is worth 10 extra entries.
2.Mention the giveaway on your own blog linking back to this post and “Mom’s the Word on Dinner,” an online community from Ragu. Leave an additional comment with a link to where you blogged about the giveaway. This is worth 5 extra entries. Make sure you leave five separate comments. (example blogged extra entry #1, blogged extra entry #2, blogged extra entry #3, ect…)
3. Follow my blog and leave me an additional comment. ( There is a Google Friend Connect widget on my footer that shows my followers. Just click follow). If you already follow leave me a comment letting me know you already do. (3 extra entries)
4. Enter any of my current giveaways and let me know you did here. (3 extra entries)
5. Follow @ahappyhippymom on Twitter plus tweet about the giveaway. Please make sure you leave the link where you tweeted in your comment. YOU CAN TWEET ONCE PER DAY TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
6. Follow Ragu on Twitter (2 extra entries)
7. Subscribe to my feed and leave a comment. If you already subscribe leave a comment telling me you are already a subscriber.
8. Like Ragu on Facebook. This is worth 2 extra entries.
9. Like ahappyhippymom on Facebook. Worth 2 extra entries
10. Stumble any of my reviews or recipes. Worth 3 extra entries
Winner will be chosen at random via Random.org. Info will be forwarded to sponsor.
Open US Only- age 18 +
The contest ends August 24th, 11:59 PM eastern
FTC Disclosure: I will be receiving a jar of Ragu Old World Style Traditional pasta sauce to get my meal started and a $20 Visa gift card for sharing this information. However, all opinions and comments were of my own. No compensation was received.