I use to be able to enjoy extremely spicy food and would seek out the hottest salsa in town! Then something changed (I got older) and now if I even look at a jalapeno I get indigestion. I still love the taste of spicy food, it just doesn’t cooperate with my body anymore. However, my husband (who delusionally believes he is 20) still thinks the hotter it is the better it is and will eat things like habanero peppers. If his eyes are watering from the spiciness than I know he is fully enjoying what he is eating and is in food heaven!
Chili’s new new ‘Wild or Mild’ menu is perfect for couples like us who both love the taste of spicy food, but differ in the intensity of it. The new menu offers guests to take their taste buds for a ride on the wild side with kicked up versions of Chili’s favorites or cooled down flavors from their original recipes. For a limited time at participating Chili’s locations nationwide, the ‘Wild or Mild’ menu features two appetizers and six entrees, giving guests a sample of flavorful items which are sure to ignite the senses.
Chili’s ‘Wild or Mild’ menu options include:
* NEW Kicked-Up Queso – Chili’s Skillet Queso kicked up with chipotle spice, house-made pico de gallo and topped with fire-roasted jalapenos. Served with warm tostada chips and house-made salsa.
* NEW Blazin’ Big Mouth® Bites – four peppercorn-crusted mini burgers with jalapeno-mayo, jalapenos and American cheese. Served with crispy onion strings, homestyle fries and a side of ranch dressing.
* Crispy Honey-Chipotle Chicken Crispers® – tossed in Chili’s honey-chipotle sauce. Served with corn on the cob, homestyle fries and ranch dressing.
* NEW Jalapeno Chicken Quesadillas – with onions, peppers, jalapeno seasoning and jalapeno- Jack cheese. Served with sour cream, house-made pico de gallo and ancho-ranch dressing.
* Skillet Queso – Chili’s signature hot, melted cheese dip with ground seasoned beef. Served with warm tostada chips and house-made salsa.
* Big Mouth® Bites – four mini burgers with layers of flavor – applewood smoked bacon, American cheese, sautéed onions and ranch dressing. Served with crispy onion strings, homestyle fries and a side of ranch dressing.
* NEW Crispy Sweet Maple BBQ Chicken Crispers® – tossed in Chili’s new sweet maple BBQ sauce. Served with corn on the cob, homestyle fries and ranch dressing.
* Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas – with applewood smoked bacon and cheese. Served with sour cream, house-made pico de gallo and salsa-ranch dressing.
“‘Wild or Mild’ is the best of both worlds for guests who want to spice up their taste buds with our extra bold flavors, or go for something with less kick and just as mouth-watering, like our new Crispy Sweet Maple BBQ Chicken Crispers,” said Krista Gibson, Senior Vice President of Brand Strategy for Chili’s Grill & Bar. “From hot and spicy to traditional and savory, Chili’s menu has it all.”
When I was asked if I would like to try the new “Wild or Mild” menu I gladly accepted! Chili’s happens to be one of my favorite places to eat and the restaurant has the best customer service plus atmosphere. Nevertheless, I’ve been fighting a nasty cold virus for almost two weeks and didn’t want to infect the whole staff and guests, so my husband and I decided to order the entrees to go and take the food home to enjoy.
My husband went wild and ordered the NEW Jalapeno Chicken Quesadillas.
I played it safe and got the “mild” original recipe Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas.
I tried a small nibble of my husband’s Jalapeno Chicken Quesadillas and WOW was it ever spicy hot! Chili’s really turned up the heat on it and there was a HUGE difference between the wild and mild entrees. My husband said it was delicious and he would order it again. Mine was spicy, but not overpowering and I savored every bite!
The kids also got into the mouthwatering action and my daughter ordered the Bacon Ranch Chicken Quesadillas too. Aiden got the Kids Cheese Quesadilla and almost devoured the whole thing.
“Shout Out To Eat Out – Wild or Mild”
Here is a fun chance to possibly score a $20 Chili’s gift card or maybe win a trip (for Four) to Las Vegas, Nevada or a Vacation Prize Package (for Four) to Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida! To enter, you must create and submit your own ‘Wild or Mild’ character by going to the promotional website at www.shoutouteatout.com by uploading a photo of your face. Then use Chili’s Avatar creator to add ‘wild’ or ‘mild’ clothes and accessories. To complete your entry fill in all necessary information on the entry form and click submit. One random winner every day until April 30 gets a $20 Chili’s gift card! The character with most votes by April 30 gets a Wild trip to Vegas or a Mild trip to Disney.
Please read entire rules before entering.
Check out my character!
Like it? Please vote for me!
Enter To Win A Chili’s $20 Gift Card Right Here At ahappyhippymom.com!
One reader will win a $20 Chili’s gift card to try out the new “Wild or Mild” menu. To enter the giveaway please leave me a comment letting me know what mood your mouth is in? Is it craving “Wild” or “Mild?”
1. Read any of my other reviews without a giveaway and leave me a comment there. Then come back here letting me know you did. Make sure you leave ten separate comments (example: Left a comment at review extra entry 1, Left a comment at review extra entry 2, Left a comment at review extra entry 3, ect.). This is worth 10 extra entries.
2. Mention the giveaway on your own blog linking back to this post and Chili’s. Leave an additional comment with a link to where you blogged about the giveaway. This is worth 5 extra entries. Make sure you leave 5 separate comments. (example blogged extra entry #1, blogged extra entry #2, blogged extra entry #3, ect…)
3.Place my button on your blog and then leave an additional comment with a link to the page where you put the button. If you already have my button leave a comment letting me know you already have it.
4. Follow my blog and leave me an additional comment. ( There is a little widget on my website footer that shows my followers. Just click follow). If you already follow leave me a comment letting me know you already do.
6. Subscribe to my feed and leave a comment. If you already subscribe leave a comment telling me you are already a subscriber.
7. Like Chili’s on Facebook. This is worth 2 extra entries.
8. Like ahappyhippymom on Facebook. Worth 2 extra entries
FTC disclosure : I was given a Chili’s $20 gift card for review purposes. Even though I received this card , the opinion I am sharing is honest and remains my own. No further compensation was received.