I HATE the scale! No matter how great I feel and hard I work the scale barely budges! I’m thinking I may have hit a weightloss plateau which is a HUGE motivation killer. For almost three weeks my measurements haven’t changed much and I’m still exercising 6 days a week for 30 minutes each time. Now according to my wonderful hubby, he says he already sees a difference in the shape of my body and everything is looking more firm and tighter. This is what’s really keeping me going!
However, I don’t want to focus to much on my numbers, because they are a downer. What is important is I am able to consistently maintain my workout routine. The Total Gym XLS allows me to do this in the comfort of my home without having to purchase an expensive gym club membership. It’s fun, easy to use, and the best fitness machine I have ever owned. My top 5 reasons (in no particular order) for loving the Total Gym XLS are…
1. It doesn’t require much space and folds down for easy storage. Dimensions Unfolded: 19″ W x 90″ L x 43″ H, Dimensions Folded: 19″ W x 51″ L x 9″ H.
2. The glide board provides a nice smooth action which makes it extremely easy on the joints.
3. There are no dangerous heavy weights necessary to get a full body workout, so I don’t need a spotter. PLUS, I don’t have to worry about my toddler trying to lift them and getting hurt.
4. The Total Gym XLS works by using resistance and you lift a percentage of your body weight. This allows even my daughter (13 years old) to use it without having any problems. In my opinion, anyone can use it no matter what your level of fitness is or how old you are.
5. The Total Gym XLS comes with plenty of workout tools to get you started and your not left hanging on what to do! The workout tools include…
- Start It Up: An introductory Total Gym XLS workout
- 6-8 Minute Workout: 12 work-along workouts for men and women pressed for time
- Smart Training Workout: An efficient workout employing slow, precise movements to target specific muscles
- Pilates for Total Gym: Enjoy the incredible benefits of a Pilates workout without leaving the home
- Body Makeover for Total Gym: High-energy, high-powered workout
- Simple at-a-glance exercise wall chart with 35 exercises
- Total Gym training deck
- Dan Isaacson’s nutritional program and meal plan
Additionally, you get a squat stand, a Pilates kit, a leg pull accessory, and a wing attachment!
There are a few things I wish were different about the Total Gym XLS.
1. I have long hair and unless I put it in a ponytail or bun it will get pulled on the track. Trust me I learned my lesson the first time I used the Total Gym XLS to ALWAYS put my hair up, because it got yanked pretty hard.
2. I don’t particular like having to stop my workout to have to switch the attachments. The squat stand goes in very easy, but the wing attachment can take a few seconds to have to place the pins in the holes correctly. I feel this slightly takes away from my routine.
3. There is no place to set the training deck cards when the machine is folded down.
4. I wish they would give an option of the choice of having the Ab Crunch accessory or the plates kit. I would get more use out of the Ab Crunch and I notice some of the earlier Total Gym models included it with the initial purchase.
Overall the Total Gym XLS is AWESOME and would recommend it to anyone!
Keep watching for my next progress report and a vlog of my workout coming soon!
If you would like to purchase a Total Gym XLS use this link to save an extra 15%!