Finale of Televisions Most Sensational Series
Celebrated with Two Fantastic Home Entertainment Releases
LOST: THE COMPLETE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON
LOST: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION
Loaded with Never-Before-Seen Bonus Features — Available on Blu-ray and DVD
August 24, 2010
Since its highly-anticipated premiere in September 2004, ABC¹s LOST has revolutionized primetime television, bringing big-screen adventures home with a powerful story of survival. Attracting a massive fan following and huge critical acclaim, LOST has already become a pop culture phenomenon. Now, celebrating television¹s most original and creative series, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment proudly debuts Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season and Lost: The Complete Collection – both on Blu-ray and DVD, August 24.
With the release of Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season, audiences can relive every episode in the landmark final season, as the fate of each character and answers to long-pondered mysteries from the previous seasons, are revealed. In addition, the Blu-ray and DVD releases contain hours of never-before-seen bonus footage including deleted scenes; bloopers; an often emotional featurette where cast, crew, writers, producers and other Hollywood notables discuss ending the acclaimed series; a much-anticipated new chapter of the island’s story from Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse; and much more.
An epic box set for the ultimate LOST fan, Lost: The Complete Collection is a fantastic icon-clad, secret- laden, Blu-ray and DVD box set containing every episode, from all six seasons. Additionally, the elaborate release includes over 30 hours of bonus material (from every season), plus one full disc of bonus exclusive to the collection, containing a fascinating array of all-new behind-the-scenes featurettes; documentaries; and a series of unique tours of Oahu with many of the cast as they reflect anecdotes, experiences and emotions of working on the series and living on the island; and more.
“…TV’s most gripping serial.” – The Boston Globe
Lost follows the lives of crash survivors of Oceanic Airlines flight 815, on a mysterious and apparently supernatural tropical island. Their survival is continuously jeopardized by inexplicable entities, including a polar bear, an unseen monster that wanders the jungle and the island¹s malicious occupants known as the ³Others². Forced to depend on each other to endure, the diverse group of survivors are bound by menacing secrets and complicated interrelationships, with the truth behind each character slowly revealed through the seasons. The series regularly stars Matthew Fox (Jack Shephard), Evangeline Lilly (Kate Austen), Josh Holloway (James ŒSawyer² Ford), Naveen Andrews (Sayid Jarrah), Jorge Garcia (Hugo ŒHurley¹ Reyes), Terry O¹Quinn (John Locke), Michael Emerson (Ben Linus), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin Kwon), Yunjin Kim (Sun Kwon), Nester Carbonell (Richard Alpert) and Emile de Ravin (Claire Littleton).
LOST: THE COMPLETE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON Contents
Every Episode in the Series (Seasons 1 through 6)
- Over 30hrs of Season 1-6 Bonus materials (previously released materials from Season 1-5 and the all-new Season 6 bonus material)
- A unique series of featurettes that takes viewers on very personal tours of Oahu where the series was created, with key cast and crew as they reflect.
- Exploring the global phenomenon that is Lost, bonus showcases events ranging from the series cast and crew at San Diego¹s famed Comic-Con convention to international voice recordings, local events and even fan parties, all of which helped make the show into a worldwide favorite.
- A closer look at some of the props with cast, writers and producers, exploring their significance, stories and emotional ties to the characters.
- Humorous yet emotional look at every character who died on the series
- 16 hilarious Lost ³Slapdowns² featurettes showcasing celebrity Lost fans who confront Executive Producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse to ask press questions about the final season, including the Muppets and cast members Nestor Carbonell, Michael Emerson, Rebecca Mader and more.
The exciting collectible packaging also includes: a Special Edition collectible ŒSenet¹ Game as seen in Season Six, a custom LOST island replica, an exclusive episode guide, a collectible Ankh, and a black light penlight.
DVD SRP: US – $229.99/Canada – $234.99
Blu-ray: US – $279.99/Canada – $319.99
Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season and Lost: The Complete Collection – are rated TV14 DLSV.
ABOUT WALT DISNEY STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc and electronic distribution. Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. is a division of The Walt Disney Studios
*article via press release.