Have you tried General Mills Chocolate Cheerios? Each bite of the chocolaty goodness has a balance of healthy whole grain combined with a perfect touch of chocolate to delight your taste buds. One yummy serving of Chocolate Cheerios has 9 grams of sugar, at least 8 grams of whole grain, is low in fat, and is only 100 calories. The cereal is a good source of calcium and vitamin D too! Your kiddos will enjoy the sweet taste of real cocoa and you will love they are starting off their day with a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
General Mills (through MyBlogSpark) sent me a Chocolate Cheerios gift pack that including a box of Chocolate Cheerios, a chocolate scented spa kit, a ceramic cereal bowl, product information, and some suggested recipes. I tried making the Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Hearts. The recipe was fairly easy to make and a great snack to prepare for handing out on Valentines Day! My suggestion is if you plan on trying this recipe is to make sure you have a very sharp heart shaped cookie cutter and to chill the mixture before you attempt to cut it. The only alterations I made to the recipe was to dust the Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Hearts with powdered sugar and I served them with a few slices of strawberries. My daughter, son, and hubby thought they were incredible! Here is the recipe…
Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Hearts
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Start to Finish: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup Chocolate Cheerios® cereal, crushed
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
4 cups Chocolate Cheerios® cereal
Candy sprinkles, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan with foil. In large bowl, mix all crust ingredients except marshmallows with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
- In large saucepan, place all topping ingredients except cereal and sprinkles. Heat over medium-low heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 4 cups cereal. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Using foil to lift, remove mixture from pan; remove foil. With deep 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 18 hearts. Store loosely covered.
*Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. Chocolate Cheerios cereal is low in fat, saturated fat free and naturally cholesterol free.
WIN WIN WIN
MyBlogSpark would like to give one of my readers a Chocolate Cheerios gift pack! To enter the giveaway please leave me a comment sharing what your family does to start the day off with a smile.
1. Mention the giveaway on your own blog linking back to this post and MyBlogSpark. Leave an additional comment with a link to where you blogged about the giveaway. This is worth 10 extra entries. Make sure you leave ten separate comments. (example blogged extra entry #1, blogged extra entry #2, blogged extra entry #3, ect…)
2.Place my button on your blog and then leave an additional comment with a link to the page where you put the button. If you already have my button leave a comment letting me know you already have it.
3. Follow my blog and leave me an additional comment. ( There is a little widget on my sidebar that shows my followers. Just click follow). If you already follow leave me a comment letting me know you already do.
4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Please make sure you leave the link where you tweeted in your comment. TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING I AM ALLOWING 1 TWEETS PER PERSON DAILY. USE THE RETWEET BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR EASY ENTRY.
5. Subscribe to my feed and leave a comment. If you already subscribe leave a comment telling me you are already a subscriber.
A winner will be chosen at random via Random.org. Upon notification the winner has 72 hours to send me their contact information. Information will be forwarded to sponsor for prize fulfillment.
Open to US residents only 18+
The contest ends February 10th, 11:59 PM eastern
FTC disclosure : In adherence to the FTC it is necessary to add when ever I receive any compensation in return for posting about a company or product. General Mills provided me with free product, information, and gift pack through the MyBlogSpark Team . No further compensation was received. Even though a free product was received, the opinions were of my own. *All product claims were directly taken from Chocolate Cheerios packaging.)