I never had much to do with the maintenance of our vehicles. My hubby has always been the one to get the oil changed every 5,000 miles. However, I do know the importance of regularly changing the oil and how it can make a huge difference in extending the life of the engine. When the oil is changed it removes the nasty contaminates plus dirt that have been collected in the oil which can harm the engine and affect the overall performance.
Some crucial details I am oblivious about is what type of oil should be used to lubricate our vehicle’s engine and the significant difference between using synthetic or conventional oil. I should know this just in case I ever have to take care of the car myself. One way to get educated quickly in the matter is by reading up on the facts at Motor Oil Matters. The new website was created by industry-leading brands Pennzoil, Quaker State and Shell Rotella so you can easily get essential information that will help prolong your engines life and answer any questions you may have about motor oil. Motor Oil Matters even has a free LubeMatch tool to assist in matching the correct oil to your vehicle’s make and model.
Did You Know
(following information quoted and provided by MyBlogSpark)
* According to a study by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association, nearly 9 out of 10 female motorists are involved in their household’s vehicle maintenance and repair
* According to a national survey that polled 522 women, 46 percent incorrectly assumed simply switching from conventional engine oil to synthetic oil enables the number of miles between oil changes to be safely extended*
* Using a quality motor oil in the right grade can help maximize fuel economy, and help save money by preventing costly engine damage
* Off-brand, no-name or discount oils that do not meet industry standards or the vehicle manufacturer’s requirements could cost consumers in the long run by potentially damaging the vehicle’s engine or possibly voiding the manufacturer’s warrant
* Jiffy Lube Survey Conducted by Opinion Research Corporation, 2006
How much do you know about motor oil? Want to put your “motor mind” to the test? Try playing the site’s fun educational game called “M.O.M. Knows Best” and see how well you do on the quiz. I scored pitifully which is no big surprise! LOL!
“Play The Music. Save The Music” Campaign
“Pennzoil® has partnered with the VH1 Save The Music Foundation through its “Play The Music. Save The Music” Campaign, and now through December 6, 2009 anyone can receive up to 46 FREE music downloads and up to a $15 service certificate back by mail, when they get their oil changed at Jiffy Lube and other Pennzoil® participating installers. See www.pennzoil.com for details and to find your local participating installer locations.”
ENTER TO WIN A $35 Jiffy Lube GC!
MyBlogSpark would like to provide one of my readers with a $35 Jiffy Lube Gift Card. The card should cover the cost of a conventional oil change at most Jiffy Lube locations (you can locate your nearest Jiffy Lube store by going to the following link http://www.jiffylube.com/findlocation/storelocator.aspx)
To enter the giveaway take the “M.O.M. Knows Best” quiz and leave me a comment telling me your score. Mine was a 71.43% meaning I failed the test! Boooooo Hissssss!
1.Mention the giveaway on your own blog linking back to this post, Motor Oil Matters, and MyBlogSpark. Leave an additional comment with a link to where you blogged about the giveaway. This is worth 10 extra entries. Make sure you leave ten separate comments. (example blogged extra entry #1, blogged extra entry #2, blogged extra entry #3, ect…)
2.Place my button on your blog and then leave an additional comment with a link to the page where you put the button. If you already have my button leave a comment letting me know you already have it.
3. Follow my blog and leave me an additional comment. ( There is a little widget on my sidebar that shows my followers. Just click follow). If you already follow leave me a comment letting me know you already do.
4. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Please make sure you leave the link where you tweeted in your comment. TO INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING I AM ALLOWING 1 TWEETS PER PERSON DAILY. USE THE RETWEET BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR EASY ENTRY.
5. Subscribe to my feed and leave a comment. If you already subscribe leave a comment telling me you are already a subscriber.
6. Facebook, Digg, or Technorati this post and leave me TWO extra comments. ( At the bottom of this post you should see a bookmark button to make this an easy option.)
7. Enter any of my other giveaways. Leave me a comment telling me which giveaway you entered. The giveaway must be still active in order to gain an extra entry.
(FTC disclosure : In adherence to the recent FTC changes pertaining to blogger product reviews and sponsored postings it is necessary to add when ever I receive any compensation in return for posting about a company or product. Shell Lubricants and MotorOilMatters.org provided me with a $35 Jiffy Lube gift card and information through the MyBlogSpark Team. No further compensation was received. Even though a free product was received, the opinions were of my own. )